Homogeneous magnetic field generation and compensation
Multi axis coil systems allow the generation of magnetic fields. Our three axis Helmholtz Coils are exspecially designed for the compensation of the earth`s magnetic field and the generation of homogeneous magnetic fields. These Helmholtz Coils function based on precise coil arrangements and can be controlled easily via power amplifier.
Set-up and functionality
The geometry of a Helmholtz Coil is either cylindric or quadratic. Due to its three-dimensional arrangement magnetics fields can be generated in any direction by the variation of the current ratio between both coils. The strength of the magnetic field depends on the coil current linearly and is nearly location-independent (interiorly). Given the coil geometry, current and number of windings the magnetic field strength can be calculated analyticaly along the axis. The Helmholtz Coil is an excellent device for the calibration of sensor technology, such as HALL-, magneto-resistive, Fluxgate- and SQUID-magnetometers.
- Rectangular or circular shaped coils in different sizes to generate magnetic fields with high precision.
- Single and three axis set-ups available.
- Control of the field configuration via user-friendly software (DLLs possible)
- Compensation of the earths' magnetic field and calibration of super sensitive sensors.
- Edge length / diameter: 10 cm ... 10 m
- Field area: ≤ 5 mT
- Control: PC or manual
- Temperature range: -10°C - 60°C
- Angle error: ≤ 0,1°
- Frequencies: 0 - 200 Hz